Importing files from FTP
You can use your FTP server as a source for your CSV files. All you have to do is select the FTP tab on the source file chooser.
Start out by creating a new Import Task as you ordinarily do.
Complete the first step selecting the Salesforce connection as usual, then refer back to this page when you get to the second window, labeled "upload".
1. If you haven't added an FTP account yet, click on the plus icon on the right
2. Enter your FTP account credentials and Save
3. That's it, select your files!
You can now select files directly from your FTP server instead of uploading them from your local storage.
4. Proceed with the regular Import steps
Exporting Salesforce data to FTP
With dataloader.io you can export your data in CSV files directly into an FTP server. All you have to do is add a destination folder in your FTP server in the final step of the process.
Let's see how easy it is to do this!
Start out by creating a new Export Task as you ordinarily do.
Complete the first two steps by selecting the Salesforce connection and building the query as usual, then refer back to this page when you get to the third window, labeled "run".
Add a destination folder.
- Click on the Add Destination folder option.
- Check the box labeled Send a copy of the results to this location
- Select the FTP tab
- Choose your FTP connection and folder
- You can now Run your task!